Now I don't usually post about other people's giveaways, but I'm super excited about this one and hoping that I have a shot at winning! The Baby Store Plus is having an awesome giveaway event for the month of September, called "Breastfeeding is Best for All Babies," where they are giving away several breastfeeding items - a Medela Pump in Style Breastpump, a Medela Giftset & Giftcard to the Baby Store Plus, as well as other accessories. Now that baby number two is on its way, I'm starting to think about nursing and stuff we will need. I encourage all you mommies and mommy-to-be's to enter the giveaways, because there are lots of ways to earn entries. I have to tell you that I have won LOTS of stuff from entering blog giveaways. I haven't entered any in a while, been too busy, but this is worth it! Checkout this event at this link: The Baby Store Plus Breastfeeding Event
So part of entering is me telling you why I think that "Breastfeeding is Best for All Babies." I am a little uncomfortable with saying, "all babies," because I have heard of lots of situations where it was best not to breastfeed. I am just thankful that the Lord gave me 9 months of nursing Calla. It was not easy. Especially the first month. We struggled. I cried. A lot. Calla had to be supplemented. But with a supporting husband and Mom and church friends, Calla and I were able to figure it out. I think it was best for us, primarily for the special Mommy/Baby time we got together, as it was a role that only I could fill, and I think I really got to know Calla during those months. Also, the cost - it's free! When I finally had to start giving her formula, it was about $75 a month or so, depending on coupons. Calla never got sick while nursing - I'm sure from the benefit of my immunities. I have friends who couldn't breastfeed and spend every few hours hooked up to a pump. Not fun. But I admire their resolve! I hope that with the new little baby, I can have a good pump, so that even if I can't nurse, my baby can still benefit!
To enter the giveaways:
1) Medela Pump in Style Giveaway
2) Medela Breast Care Pack & $20 gift card to The Baby Store Plus
7 comments:
Phase 2 is now live...you are free to enter that giveaway too!
http://thebabystoreplus.blogspot.com/2010/09/phase-2-blog-hop-with-easy-expression.html
Anna
Thanks for posting.
Thanks for sharing your story! I agree it isn't the easiest for everyone, and there can be lots of tears in the beginning for mom and baby. I'm hoping we have a better start when the twins are born- than we did with my son.
thankyou for posting so we can all have a chance to win!
sweetdiva666atyahoodotcom
Thank you for sharing your story. I also had a difficult time and I was one of those strapped to a pump, but it was worth it. I agree there are some situations that a dr might decide it is not always best to breastfeed, but most the time it is. I am really hoping that I get to breastfeed with #2.
thanks for sharing your story - my son and I struggled with bf and now that I'm due with my second son, I am both nervous and happy to be getting another chance to make bf work!
Thank you for sharing! Wish you the best of luck with nursing baby number 2! I know you can do it :)
www.life-semicrunchy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment